When you buy a house in Grand Junction, there’s more to the financing end of the transaction than coming up with a down payment and writing a check each month.
You’ll have to factor in closing costs—the cost of sealing the deal on your new home.
What Are Closing Costs?
Closing costs, which you pay when you sign all the paperwork and get the keys to your new home in Grand Junction, include all the fees and costs for processing and services that got you to the closing table.
You’ll get a loan estimate before you close—at least three days before, actually—that tells you exactly how much you’re supposed to pay at closing.
Your closing costs can include fees for:
- Attorney services
- Closing and escrow
- Courier services
- Credit reports
- Funding fees (for VA loans)
- Home inspections
- Homeowners association transfer fees
- Homeowners insurance
- Lender’s policy title insurance
- Loan discount points
- Origination fees
- Owner’s policy title insurance
- Pest inspections
- Prepaid interest
- Private mortgage insurance
- Property taxes
- Recording services
- Survey services
- Title search services
- Transfer taxes
- Underwriting services
- Up-front mortgage insurance premiums (for FHA loans)
- Your application fee
How Much Are Closing Costs?
Closing costs vary, but you can expect to pay between 2 and 5 percent of the home’s purchase price. In some cases, sellers can pay your closing costs; however, this is something you’ll have to negotiate before you get to the closing table. Your Realtor® can help you negotiate, so don’t hesitate to ask!
Are You Moving to Grand Junction?
Call us at 970-765-4135 or get in touch with us online to tell us what you want from your dream home. We’ll help you find it.
In the meantime, check out our:
- Grand Junction homes for sale under $100k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $100k and $200k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Grand Junction homes for sale over $1 million