Whether you’re a first time buyer or you’ve bought and sold several homes, it’s probably in your best interest to work with a buyer’s agent.
The Difference Between Buyer’s Agents and Seller’s Agents
The buyer’s agent works for you, the buyer. As a buyer’s agent, your Realtor® will be looking out for your best interests throughout the entire process. The best part? You don’t pay your buyer’s agent dime; the seller pays your buyer’s agent’s commission.
The seller’s agent works for the seller. As such, he or she is required to look out for the seller’s best interests. The seller hires this agent to market and sell their home, and the agents primary responsibility is to get the seller as much money as possible for the house (and in the shortest period of time).
Your Realtor’s Obligations to You
Your buyer’s agent will accept certain obligations to you when he or she agrees to represent you. Some of your Realtor’s obligations to you include:
- Evaluating what you need and what you want from your new home
- Helping you find properties that meet your specifications
- Helping you determine how much house you can afford
- Showing you properties that meet your needs and your budget
- Researching properties that you’re interested in so you can make the most informed decision possible
- Advising you on structuring an appropriate offer
- Presenting your offer to the seller’s agent and the seller
- Negotiating on your behalf so you get the best possible deal on the home
- Helping you through the sometimes difficult financial process
- Providing you with a list of qualified vendors that may be able to help you, such as attorneys, title companies, insurance agents and others (sometimes even movers, carpenters and other contractors)
- Fully representing your needs and wants throughout the entire transaction
Are You Buying a Home in Grand Junction?
If you’re buying a house in Grand Junction or the surrounding communities, we’d love to help you find one that meets your needs.
Check out our:
- Fruita real estate listings
- Palisade real estate listings
- Redlands real estate listings
- Clifton real estate listings
- Glade Park real estate listings
- Loma real estate listings
- Whitewater real estate listings
- Grand Junction real estate listings