Hardwood floors can enhance the look and feel of your home. Help protect your investment using these maintenance tips.
Use a dust mop, or a vacuum’s floor/brush attachment, to remove dust, dirt, pet hair, and debris.
Using a Liquid Cleaner
A little bit of bitter keeps your floors looking sweet. Make your own cleaner by mixing one part vinegar to 10 parts warm water, and adding in a few drops of liquid Castile soap.
Tea for two, two for tea. One effective cleaner that you may not expect is tea. Let two teabags steep in boiling water. Pour the tea into a bucket, and you’re ready to go.
If you don’t want to make your own cleaner, opt for commercial wood-cleaning products, like Murphy’s Oil Soap, or Bona.
Saturate a rag or sponge mop in your cleaning solution and wring it out so that it is damp, but not wet. Mop the floor, but be mindful not to wet it too much. Rinse your rag or sponge with clean water, wring it, and damp mop the floor until the cleaner has been removed. Standing water will damage the floor, so be sure to mop up any excess water with a dry towel.
The kids may enjoy helping with this one. Take a crayon that matches the color of the floor and rub it onto scratches until gaps are filled. Using the heat of a blow dryer, heat the crayon and buff it using a soft cloth.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Protect your floors from damage by placing doormats at entryways, and rugs in areas with high foot traffic.
Are You Buying a Home in Grand Junction?
Call us at 970-765-4135 or get in touch with us online to tell us what you want from your dream home. We’ll help you find it.
In the meantime, check out our:
- Grand Junction homes for sale under $100k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $100k and $200k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Grand Junction homes for sale over $1 million