When you’re buying new construction, whether it’s a luxury home for sale in Fruita or a single-family home for sale in Palisade, it’s important to have a home inspection done (and to have an inspection contingency built into your real estate purchase contract) before you close the deal.
Because unfortunately, some builders cut corners—and that could end up costing you big in the long run.
Why Do Some Home Builders Cut Corners?
Some builders want to rush a job to make sure it’s done by closing, so they’ll allow sloppy, haphazard work. In other cases, builders cut corners to save money.
Not all home builders cut corners. There are several highly reputable builders here in Grand Junction—but some do, so it’s important that you and your home inspector team up to make sure you’re getting the quality you paid for when you bought the house.
How to Tell if Your Builder Cut Corners
Your home inspector will bear most of this burden. He or she will examine everything in the home, from electrical work to plumbing (and everything in between).
You can help by accompanying the inspector and looking for sloppy paint jobs, badly aligned outlets, light switches that aren’t quite straight, and any other clues that signal the builder was in a big rush (or didn’t care).
What if Your Builder Did Cut Corners?
You can always go back to the builder and renegotiate the deal by asking them to fix what’s wrong. In some cases—as long as that contingency is built into your contract—you can back out of the transaction.
Are You Buying a Home in Grand Junction or the Surrounding Communities?
Call us at 970-765-4135 or get in touch with us online to tell us what you want from your dream home. We’ll help you find it.
In the meantime, check out our:
- Grand Junction homes for sale under $100k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $100k and $200k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Grand Junction homes for sale over $1 million