If you’re buying a home for sale in Grand Junction, you’ll probably want to check your credit score before you start applying for mortgages – but how do you do it?
How to Check Your Credit Score Before You Apply for a Mortgage
It’s no secret that the higher your credit score is, the better interest rates lenders will offer you – and that can amount to huge savings over time. That’s why it’s important to check your credit score to find out how lenders will look at your financial profile.
You don’t have to look at your actual credit report, though. You can sign up for a free service or use what you already have available.
Many banks and credit unions allow you to view your FICO score, including Bank of America, Citi and Pentagon Federal. You can also sign up for Discover’s Credit Scorecard or by visiting FreeCreditScore.com.
Other places to check out:
- Credit Karma, which gives you data from Equifax and TransUnion. It’s by far the most comprehensive tool available.
- com, which only offers a snapshot of your report.
- Credit Sesame, which also only offers a snapshot of your report.
Are You Buying a Home in Grand Junction?
Now is a great time to buy a home in Grand Junction, so please feel free to explore our listings (broken down here by price) to find homes that fit within your budget:
- Grand Junction, Colorado homes for sale from $100k to $200k
- Grand Junction, CO real estate from $200k to $300k
- Homes for sale in Grand Junction between $300k and $400k
- Grand Junction real estate listings between $400k and $500k
- Grand Junction, Colorado homes for sale from $500k to $600k
- Grand Junction, CO real estate from $600k to $700k
- Homes for sale in Grand Junction between $700k and $800k
- Grand Junction homes for sale from $800k to $900k
- Grand Junction, Colorado homes for sale from $900k to $1 million
- Grand Junction, CO real estate listings over $1 million