If you’re preparing to buy your first home, this is an exciting—and stressful—time in your life. While looking at homes for sale in Grand Junction and the surrounding area may be the most appealing way to begin, there are three important things to know before you schedule any showings.
First-Time Buyers Need to Work With an Agent
Many first time homebuyers think real estate agents are only for sellers. Not so. As a homebuyer, working with a Realtor can help you in many more ways than simply walking you around various homes for sale. What’s more, this assistance will cost you nothing. The benefits of having an experienced local Realtor at your side will take you from first showing all the way to “key day.”
- Extensive local housing market knowledge
- Referrals to reputable industry professionals such as home inspectors and mortgage brokers
- Expert advice on everything from home features to purchase contracts
- An experienced negotiator to deal with the seller’s agent
Get Pre-Approved for a Mortgage if You’re a First-Time Buyer
As with many things in life, the place to begin the home buying process is with the financing. In addition to making the process smoother and more simple, mortgage pre-approval gives you a firm, clear budget. Few things can be as heartbreaking as falling in love with a home and later discovering that you really can’t afford it.
Mortgage pre-approval will help you determine what type of loan is best for you. You’ll also be showing sellers that you’re a serious buyer—which can help you land the home of your choice if the seller receives multiple offers.
It’s Important for First-Time Buyers to Know (and Stick to) a Budget
Buying a home is a serious commitment. Be serious about staying within your budget, even if it means walking away from a home that’s simply out of your price range. You don’t want to put yourself in a position where you may end up losing the home you worked so hard to find.
Are You Buying a Home in Grand Junction?
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Grand Junction, Fruita or any of the surrounding communities, we’d love to help you.
Call us at 970-765-4135 or get in touch with us online to tell us what you want from your next house. We’ll help you find it.
In the meantime, feel free to browse our:
- Grand Junction real estate listings
- Fruita real estate listings
- Palisade real estate listings
- Redlands real estate listings
- Clifton real estate listings
- Glade Park real estate listings
- Loma real estate listings
- Whitewater real estate listings