Is condominium living right for you?
There’s been a big shift over the past 50 years from people buying stand-alone, single-family houses to purchasing condos and townhomes… but which is right for you?
Check out the pros and cons of buying a condo for sale in Grand Junction to help you make your decision.
Pros of Living in a Condo in Grand Junction
When you buy a condominium, there’s a pretty good chance that it’s going to cost less than a single-family, detached home of comparable size. While that’s not always the case, it’s worth noting that the price differences can be pretty significant. That price difference may mean the difference between buying a newer condo or an older home.
Living in a condo gives you a “lock-and-go” lifestyle. You don’t have to worry about mowing the grass, putting chemicals in the swimming pool, or repairing a leaky roof – the condo association does all of that.
Depending on the type of condominium development you’re living in, you may have added security that you wouldn’t in a residential neighborhood. You might have an elevator to your single-story condo, and you may have easier access to public transit than you would if you lived elsewhere.
Cons of Living in a Condo in Grand Junction
Some people don’t like having walls that touch their neighbors’ walls, and it’s true – you do have a little less privacy in a condo than you would in a detached home. You may hear kids stomping on the floor above you, or you may hear your next-door neighbor’s loud music at random hours.
Some condominiums don’t offer private yards or balconies (although many do). Many condos have pet restrictions, too, that include what types of pets you can and can’t have (as well as how large permitted pets can be).
Are You Buying a Home in Grand Junction?
Call us at 970-765-4135 or get in touch with us online to tell us what you want from your dream home. We’ll help you find it.
In the meantime, check out our:
- Grand Junction homes for sale under $100k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $100k and $200k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Grand Junction homes for sale over $1 million