If you’re a first-time homebuyer, it’s easy to get overwhelmed.
It’s easy to get overwhelmed if you’re buying your second, third, or fourth house, too.
But as a first-time homebuyer, you need to be aware of all the costs that go into purchasing a home—and while your Realtor® will walk you through everything you need to know, it doesn’t hurt to have it all written down for easy reference.
The Cost Breakdown for First-Time Homebuyers
The last thing you want is to be surprised by unexpected costs that arise during the homebuying process… so it’s best to know exactly how much you’ll spend (and what you’ll spend it on) before you dive into the process with both feet.
If you’re like most people, you’ll have to come up with money for:
- A down payment (unless you’re using a VA loan or a certain type of FHA loan)
- Appliances, if the previous owner has taken them
- Immediate improvements the home needs
- Hiring a home inspector
- Amenities, such as cable TV and Internet services
- Utility bills that will most likely be higher than what you paid when you were renting
- Homeowners insurance
- Homeowners association dues
Are You Buying a Home in Grand Junction?
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Grand Junction, Fruita or any of the surrounding communities, we’d love to help you.
Call us at 970-765-4135 or get in touch with us onlineto tell us what you want from your next house. We’ll help you find it.
In the meantime, feel free to browse our:
- Grand Junction real estate listings
- Fruita real estate listings
- Palisade real estate listings
- Redlands real estate listings
- Clifton real estate listings
- Glade Park real estate listings
- Loma real estate listings
- Whitewater real estate listings