Whether you’re remodeling your home in Grand Junction or you’re putting together the plans for your dream house that hasn’t yet been built, here’s what you need to know about picking the perfect countertop for your personal space.
Kitchen Countertops: The Language Contractors Use
You’ll hear things like “edge profile,” “overhang,” and a handful of other terms that we don’t all use in everyday conversation when you’re picking out a kitchen countertop, so here’s what they all mean.
An edge profile is what the edges of your countertop will look like. Edge profiles include:
- A polished, straight, flat edge.
- Quarter round. A slight curve that makes the slab look thicker.
- Full bullnose. A rounded edge that gives counters a smooth, fluid look.
- An edge with an S-shaped curve that adds sophistication.
- Multiple rounded edges that look like a waterfall.
Overhang is the edge that protrudes beyond the cabinets beneath it. A 1-inch to 1.5-inch overhang is fairly common.
Types of Countertops
You’ll have plenty of choices when it comes to materials. The most common include:
- A naturally occurring composite of quartz, mica, and feldspar.
- Typically gray or black stone made mostly of talc.
- Commonly called quartz, Caesarstone isn’t really quartz; it’s man-made.
- Laminate is a combination of paper and resin.
- Corian is a name-brand made from acrylic and polyester.
Are You Buying or Selling a Home in Grand Junction?
If you’re selling your home in Grand Junction, we’d love to help get it in front of all the right buyers.
Call us at 970-765-4135. In the meantime, you can:
- Get a free market snapshot
- Find out how much your home is worth… for FREE
- Discover how we’ll market your house
If you’re buying, check out:
In the meantime, check out our:
- Grand Junction homes for sale under $100k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $100k and $200k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Grand Junction homes for sale over $1 million