You know that it’s important to make quick fixes before you sell your home, whether it’s a condo in Redlands or a single-family home in Whitewater. Your Realtor® will walk you through a list of minor repairs you should make and maintenance tasks you should complete, but it’s never too early to get a jump on your To-Do list.
Checklist: Minor Repairs to Make Before You Sell Your Home
- Replace burned-out lightbulbs with long-lasting LEDs
- Paint your walls in neutral colors
- Fix doors that don’t close properly
- Fix drawers that jam
- Fix cupboards that sag
- Fix leaky faucets
- Patch up holes in the walls (even small nail holes)
- Replace cracked or broken tiles
- Fix scratched molding
- Repair dents and dings in the walls
- Freshen mulch outside
- Prune trees and bushes
- Pull out and replace dying plants
- Repaint the exterior of your home
- Check for cracks in your porch, sidewalk, or patio
- Replace damaged wood on the deck
- Replace cracked wall outlets or switches
- Replace tired, worn hardware on doors
- Re-grout tile
- Re-caulk around sinks and tubs
Most of these fixes are quick, and you should be able to tackle a handful of them in a day. That means the sooner you start, the sooner you’ll be done—and before you know it, buyers will start coming through your home to fall in love with everything you’ve done.
The best way to look at these minor repairs? Buyers may not notice the minor repairs you’ve made, but they’ll certainly notice the ones you haven’t made.
Are You Selling a Home in Grand Junction?
If you’re selling your home in Grand Junction, we’d love to help get it in front of all the right buyers.
Call us at 970-765-4135. In the meantime, you can:
- Get a free market snapshot
- Find out how much your home is worth… for FREE
- Discover how we’ll market your house