When you’re selling your home, your Realtor® will talk to you about the importance of curb appeal. It’s absolutely essential that potential buyers get a great first impression of your house, whether it’s a ranch in Loma or a charming single-family home in Whitewater.
But what is curb appeal, and how do you improve it?
What is Curb Appeal?
The term curb appeal refers to how appealing buyers find your house from the outside. When buyers drive by, they want to see whether the house looks upkept, clean, and welcoming before they decide to call a Realtor to ask for a tour. What’s worse than that, though, is when buyers show up for a tour and the exterior of the house makes such a bad first impression that there’s virtually no chance they’ll look at the interior in a favorable light.
How to Improve Curb Appeal
Start by decluttering your outdoor living space and your yard. Put away kids’ toys, pick up the hose, and clear out yard debris such as leaves, twigs, and other junk that ends up in the grass.
- Bleach (or otherwise eradicate) mold and mildew on the house, in the driveway, or on the sidewalks. Check your roof, too.
- Clean all your windows, inside and out.
- Clear the gutters.
- Pressure-wash the exterior of your home.
- Pressure-wash sidewalks, decks, and driveways, as well as your porch or patio.
- Edge the grass along the sidewalks, and pull all the weeds sprouting between the cracks.
- Cut the grass.
- Kill all the weeds you can find.
- Trim tree limbs that are getting too close to the house.
Your Realtor will help you determine what else needs to be done, but these are things you can get a jump on before you even list your home. Your buyers will thank you.
Are You Selling a Home in Grand Junction?
If you’re selling your home in Grand Junction, we’d love to help get it in front of all the right buyers.
Call us at 970-765-4135. In the meantime, you can:
- Get a free market snapshot
- Find out how much your home is worth… for FREE
- Discover how we’ll market your house