If you’re moving into a community or condominium complex that has a homeowners association, make sure you ask plenty of questions before you move in. You could end up saving yourself a big headache down the road by getting all the information you need before you buy.
3 Things to Ask About an HOA
First things first: You need to know how much HOA dues cost. Your Grand Junction Realtor® can help you pin down that information if it’s not explicitly stated in the real estate listing.
Then you need to ask these three questions.
What Amenities Are Included?
You want to know about swimming pools, recreation areas like tennis courts, and common area maintenance. (While you’re getting information, find out about the hours of operation on community amenities. If the pool closes at 4 p.m. every day, but the community up the street has a 24-hour pool and the HOA dues cost less, you might have a big decision to make.)
Can I Keep My Pets?
Some HOAs have pet restrictions (and some don’t allow pets at all). You might not be able to move into the community with a certain breed, size, or type, so it pays to find out whether your furry family members are welcome before you buy.
What’s the Parking Situation Like?
Will you be crowded out of your own parking spot if your neighbors have a Superbowl party? Can people park on the streets, which might limit your access to your driveway? Are RVs allowed, and if they are, must they be parked in a driveway? You need to know you’ll be able to park and access your home, so check with the HOA on parking regulations before you sign that dotted line.
Are You Buying a Home in Grand Junction?
Call us at 970-765-4135 or get in touch with us online to tell us what you want from your dream home. We’ll help you find it.
In the meantime, check out our:
- Grand Junction homes for sale under $100k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $100k and $200k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Grand Junction homes for sale over $1 million