1. Clean Walls. Grimy walls, especially in the bathroom and kitchen, are an instant turn-off. Some buyers even consider dirty walls to be a red flag for a home that wasn’t properly taken care of. Surface stains and molds can easily be removed by combining one part water with one part bleach in a spray bottle. Simply spray the mixture on the walls and watch stains disappear.
You can even go one step further with a fresh coat of paint. Stick with neutral colors – such as whites and blues – to appeal to a wider range of buyers.
2. Mount Mirrors. Strategically placed mirrors are a great way to make a room look more spacious. Do you have a small, dimly lit hallway? A well-placed mirror can open the room and even bring in some light. Mirrors have an even greater impacted when they’re placed across from a window or lamp, as it will reflect the light around the room.
Don’t just slap any mirror on the wall, however. Get creative by finding different shapes and styles of mirrors. A collage of small mirrors can be a creative way to liven up any room.
3. Group Furniture. Many people like to push furniture to the edges and walls of a room. However, by allowing your furniture to float in the room, away from the walls, the room will appear more spacious. Reposition chairs and sofas into groups to make the atmosphere cozier. Make sure to always leave a clear path for traffic flow.
Repositioning your furniture in this way will make the space more user-friendly and open up the room to make it seem larger.
Are You Buying a Home in Grand Junction or the Surrounding Communities?
Call us at 970-765-4135 or get in touch with us online to tell us what you want from your dream home. We’ll help you find it.
In the meantime, check out our:
- Grand Junction homes for sale under $100k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $100k and $200k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $200k and $300k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $300k and $400k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $400k and $500k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $500k and $600k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $600k and $700k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $700k and $800k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $800k and $900k
- Grand Junction homes for sale between $900k and $1 million
- Grand Junction homes for sale over $1 million